+740.947.7721 24-hour emergency contact

Making a Correction to Your Certificate

To Correct a Birth Certificate (for non-paternity changes):

  1. Always circle the mistakes
  2. Write the correct spelling next to it
  3. Return in person or mail all certified copies to:Pike County General Health District
    Attn: Vital Statistics Office
    116 S. Market St.
    Waverly, OH  45690

For corrections requested by mail, please include your mailing address and daytime phone number.  It takes approximately (10) business days to correct a certificate.

**Please Note**

We must have the incorrect certificate(s) to issue a correct certificate.

If an affidavit is necessary to correct the mistake, we will send a completed affidavit form to you.  If the mistake needs to be corrected by probate court, we will send you information on what to do.

Adding a father to a birth certificate:

Single, unmarried mothers wishing to add a father to a birth certificate must complete an “Acknowledgement of Paternity Affidavit”.  Affidavit forms can be obtained from any hospital, child support enforcement agency, or local Vital Statistics Office.  It takes approximately 6-9 months for a new certificate to be completed once a Paternity Affidavit has been received and approved.

To correct a death certificate:

Contact the funeral home that submitted original information.